It’s time to enjoy the juiciest portion of the college basketball season.
But, first, lemme take a SELFIE!
In addition, to crowning its men’s and women’s basketball champions, the NEC is setting out to discover the top selfie-taker in the conference this March.
How to Enter #NECselfie Contest
1) Displaying your best game face, pose in front of your smart phone and snap a #NECselfie
2) Post your #NECselfie to Twitter of Instagram using the aforementioned hashtag
3) Visit necovertime.com to see if your #NECselfie won you a prize
#NECselfie Championship Bracket and PRIZES
– There will be six daily winners, one for each day of NEC Tournament competition (March 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 & 13). Each of these six winners will receive a #NEC16 prize pack and will automatically be placed into the eight-person #NECselfie championship bracket.
– In addition to the six daily winners, two at-large selections will be chosen to complete the eight-person #NECselfie bracket
– Fans will then have the opportunity to pare that eight-person bracket down to one winner through a series of votes. All voting will be done right here on the Overtime! Blog.
– The quarterfinal round voting will take place on Wednesday, March 16 from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm ET.
– The semifinals aka our #NECselfie “Final Four” voting will occur on Friday, March 18 from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm ET.
– The championship vote will happen on Monday, March 21 from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm ET.
– The “Final Four” participants will each receive a $50 gift certificate to the NEC’s online store with the tournament winner earning a $100 credit. All eight finalists will also receive official NEC apparel.
Here’s a look back at last year’s #NECselfie Championship Bracket…
So to summarize…
Attend a #NEC16 Tournament game, take your best pose, snap a selfie, and post it to either twitter or Instgram. Be sure to use the #NECselfie hashtag and you’ll be automatically entered to win a prize pack.
PS – If you can’t physically make it to a #NEC16, but you are rooting on your favorite team from home or a local establishment, then you, too, can enter the #NECselfie contest.