The Northeast Conference’s featured live coverage schedule, the largest in league history, tips off in New Britain on Monday, January 4.
In the lid-lifter, Central Connecticut hosts LIU Brooklyn before a regional television audience on MSG. Fox College Sports, which is available in homes nationwide, will also air the contest live.
Three days later, the schedule continues with a national television game on Staten Island. Wagner welcomes Bryant on January 7 and CBS Sports Network will carry the action.
In all, the package contains 34 live coverage hoops events, including eight NEC Tournament contests.
- The 34-game package shatters the league record for telecasts, which had stood at 30 games.
- Every single game will air nationally on either ESPN, CBS Sports Network (CBSSN) or Fox College Sports (FCS).
- ESPN will carry 21 games in total, including 10 women’s contests on ESPN3, matching a record for the Conference.
- CBSSN will air three men’s games in prime time.
- The schedule features 20 prime time games.
- The final week of the season will see ESPN3 air wildcard games for both men and women for the first time.
- The NEC will produce it’s first ever ESPN3 quadrupleheader on January 23.
- Longtime NEC regional partner MSG will broadcast 10 games, including four NEC men’s tournament contests.
- Eight NEC Tournament games, a league record, will be televised on a variety of networks.